Regardless of who cleans or the kind of home-share you offer, having a checklist is helpful. As an Airbnb business owner, it is better to avoid the hassle and complaints related to cleanliness as much as possible. Cleanliness is the one element that forms the core foundation of your Airbnb. You want people to remember your Airbnb’s hygienic services. You might be offering your guests basic lodgings or high-end accommodations; cleanliness remains the most important thing for your visitors. Having a checklist does help to prepare you for all kinds of situations. This Airbnb Cleaning Checklist is curated to enhance your efficiency as a service provider and provide cleaning methods that are systemic and organized.
Rule #1: Airbnb Cleaning
When it comes to cleanliness, it is something that can either make or break you. The most crucial factors that set your Airbnb apart are Hygiene and a clean house.
As an Airbnb owner, you need to set apart the things that are more prone to get dirty and require a quick wash. You need to figure out the cleaning tasks and chores that you should do each day to be on par with the average standards.
Pay Heed to the Curb Appeal of your Airbnb
Since the first image of your Airbnb or your guests first impression will, for sure, affect your ratings. Therefore, if these are what drives your business, make sure that your prices are correct, the guests enjoy their stay, and that your Airbnb has a great curb appeal.
So basically, how does the outside of your Airbnb look like? Is it clean and tidy? Have you done mowing and pulled out the weeds from the flower beds or things like that.
The Very Next Thing to Consider: Clean Windows
Clean windows of your Airbnb are critical. When your guests can look through the house and the windows sparkle, Airbnb seems nice and clean.
The Way to Your Guests Heart
As your guests enter the house, what do they see? It is the entry-way of your Airbnb home.
If people enter this space and see shoes and coats and hats cluttered in the hallway, it leaves a bad reaction.
Hence, focus on creating an inviting space that sets the right mood in your guest’s heart and mind.
Airbnb Cleaning Checklist
The bedroom lays the tone for a pleasant experience. Fortunately, it’s also the most manageable place to clean.
- Make sure to strip used fabric, bed linen, blankets, wash linen, and towels.
- Vacuum carpets and rugs and mop the floors. Do your best to clean under the bed.
- Lint the guests’ pillows and tidy up the sheets properly.
- You can also hire cleaners to do professional bed making and deep cleaning of the bed.
As an Airbnb owner, it is essential to make sure that the bathroom is clean. A clean bathroom is the first thing your guest will be looking for.
- Ensure you give the bathroom and bathtub a deep clean before the guest’s check-in and after every checkout.
- Do not enable grime to develop or allow water stains on the bathroom doors and mirrors.
- Use toilet cleaners, mops, buckets, and wipes.
- Keep tabs on toiletries and supplies, replace all items at any signs of wear.
- The bathroom should look spotless. Also, don’t forget to store toilet paper for your guests.
Not all guests use the kitchen, but it should still get an excellent cleanup before any guest checks in.
- Make sure you vacuum every corner, especially under the shelves and cabinets, for dust and debris.
- Clean and put away the pots, toasters, burners, and other dishes from the countertops.
- Wipe the countertops, appliances, and switchboards. It should be spotless and free of any streaks.
- Review any maintenance issues and keep track of supplies that are running out.
- Every appliance should be clean, empty, and working.
- Do a thorough sweep and make sure the guest did not leave anything behind.
- Ensure that all consumables, such as milk, coffee, tea, and other such condiments, are re-stocked.
The Living Room
Common spaces require less work than the other parts of your home. You should mainly inspect your property and remove left-behind items.
Sweep the floors well and ensure that the pillows and cushions for the sofas are well placed.
Check all the light bulbs and see if they’re running correctly. Make sure to switch them out if they’re not working.
Make sure the furniture has been polished and dusted. Bear in mind that you should also pay attention to the table and chair legs and the lower shelves and openings.
Some More Tips
Provide white linen and towel; It implies that there is proper management of your property. It is also easier to clean stains from white fabrics by bleaching them.
If possible, always have a written receipt of the Airbnb cleaning checklist at an easy-to-find place to make it easier for the employees.
Make sure that the cleaning items are readily available at the convenience of your guests.
The Finishing Touches
As a good host, add some finishing touches. It could include any personalized details for your guests, such as different kinds of chocolates, wine, scented candles, freshly baked bread, or cheese.
If you have a reception board, get the names of the visitors set up. Most importantly, ensure you take back the keys after every checkout.
Clean, clean, and clean is super vital. That said, you also want to provide a relaxed and cozy stay. Your guests don’t just come to your Airbnb because it is clean and feels good and warm.
We suggest that you walk through your Airbnb once the cleaning ends. Doing so might not be an easy option since it is an extra task. But it allows you to take care of some issues before the next guests show up.
You don’t need to commit mistakes to learn. We, thus, recommend you to look through the items and guidelines in our Airbnb Cleaning Checklist.
Best of Luck and Happy Hosting!